What is FSSAI Registration for 5 years Overview
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India which is an organization that monitors and governs the food business in India. It is an autonomous body which is established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (FSS Act) which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India. It ensures the food products undergo quality checks thereby curtailing the food adulteration and sale of sub-standard products. It is responsible for the registering and licensing of the Food Business Operators (FBO) in India and it lays down the rules and regulation for running the food business in India.
FSSAI Registration is different from FSSAI License and it depends upon the size and nature of the business. Post registration, you get a 14-digit numeric registration or a license number which needs to be printed on all the food packages.
Types of FSSAI Registration for 5 years
- This is the primary kind of food license and it is issued for:
- Businesses that is small in turnover – 12 Lakh INR approximately
- FBO that is at the budding stage like a dairy with a capacity of less than 500 ltr/day.
- Trades like tea shops, canteens, food processors and small warehouses ideally require this licence. It can be upgraded when the business begins to expand in capacity and profit.
- Companies that have a profit greater than 12 lakhs and less than 20 Crores INR require the state license. Some examples are:
- Dairies with a capacity of over 50,000 litres/day
- Hotels with a 3-star rating and above
- An exception here is the catering business. Irrespective of their turnover, they have to apply for a state license and not a basic FSSAI license.
- The above two licences were for small and mid-sized trades generally intra state. The central registration is for bigger businesses. It is issued to:
- Companies that supply food to government offices and departments.
- Trades that have a turnover of over Rs. 20 Crores.
- Food import and export commerce
Process for FSSAI Registration for 5 years
Consulting, Documentation & Filing
- You fill in our online application. Our experts are at your call to help with any query.
- Our experts do a consultation on the type of license needed
- We then collect the documents through email.
- We double check the paperwork.
- Form A and Form B are generated for the actual license process.
- We file it with the concerned authorities.
Follow up and waiting for Approval
- After the expert has filed the application, we resolve any questions that the authorities may ask.
- We facilitate the follow-up required by the food department.
- Then there will be a 20-day wait period during which the government considers your application.
Delivery of License
- Once approved, a digital and paper copy of the license is sent to you on the given address.
- The procurement of the license takes a maximum of 30 days.
- The waiting period mentioned here is for basic license. For the other two licenses, the government approval can take a maximum of 50 days.
Documents Required For FSSAI Registration for 5 years
Be it a food safety management registration or production license, there are some documents that should be submitted along with the FSSAI online application. Listed below is the mandatory paperwork required for each type of FSSAI registration:
Basic FSSAI Registration
- Declaration form
- Authority letter
- Copy of the property paper (if owned)
- Copy of Rent Agreement (If rented property)
- Electricity bill or water bill of business place
- Identification proof of proprietor or partners or directors like Aadhar Card, or Voter ID card
- Form X for the designation of persons by a company with the board resolution.
Central and State FSSAI Licence
- Declaration Form
- List of Partners, Owners, and Executive Members of Society with full address Latest
- Identification proof such as Aadhaar Card or Voter ID card
- PAN Card
- Address Proof such as Telephone, Mobile Bill, Electricity or Gas Bill
- A Copy of Property papers (if owned)
- A Copy of Rent Agreement and Landlord's NOC (if rented)
- Partnership Deed/ MOA/AOA of the firm
- NOC from the manufacturer (in case of Distributor)
- NOCs from Municipality or local body
- E-Code document issued by DGFT
- Form IX Nomination of persons by a company
Benefits Of FSSAI Registration for 5 years
- Consumer awareness.
- Legal Advantage.
- Using the FSSAI Logo for credibility
- Business Expansion.